Mother's Day : Unplanned Post

Claire & her Great-Grandma, May 2011

I had a Mother's Day post planned for today, but our day didn't start out exactly as planned. Our phone rang at 7:15 in the morning, and it was my mom calling to let us know that my Grandma had passed away during the night. Her passing wasn't totally unexpected, but hearing the news still hits hard.
~
We left for church at 8:00 which didn't leave a whole lot of time for the news to sink in right away. At the end of our church service today, we sang the song Solid Rock and the lyrics seemed so appropriate. I can only imagine the amazing Mother's Day my Grandma had, standing before the throne and finally meeting her creator.
~
Happy Mother's Day, Grandma!

Solid Rock
~
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
~
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
~
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
~
His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
~
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.


<span class=