Pop Garden Daisy Red by Heather Bailey
Garden Maze Red by Amy Butler
Farmer's Market Petal Party Pink by Michael Miller
Basket Squares Pink by Michael Miller
Tweet, Tweet White by Michael Miller
1. Another long weekend with the family.
2. My mom who just celebrated a birthday.
3. Discovering how much money we've saved over the last 6 years, simply by putting spare change in a jar. Try it, for real!
4. Store-bought pies which got me out of two different time-restraint jams this weekend.
5. Spending time with out-of-town friends.
6. A few open days now to just catch up on life.
7. Having a daughter who is so great at just going with the flow.
8. The Farmer's Market.
9. Warm weather is predicted to return after a July weekend that felt like an October weekend.
10. Getting to stay in bed until 7:30 on a Saturday.
What are you most thankful for today?
Here are the front-runners:
(My mom is a huge peach-nut!)
3 cups water
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 3-oz. pkg. peach-flavored gelatin
1 29-oz. can peach slices in light syrup
4 11.3-oz. cans peach nectar
1/2 cup lemon juice
8 10-ounce bottles ginger ale or club soda
1. In large saucepan combine water, sugar, and gelatin. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve.
2. Place undrained peach slices in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. In extra-large bowl combine gelatin mixture, pureed peaches, peach nectar, and lemon juice. Divide peach mixture among four 1-quart containers. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm.
3. To serve, place one or more containers at room temperature for 1 hour. Break in chunks with large fork. Place in punch bowl or jug. Stir in 2 bottles of ginger ale per container of peach mixture until slushy.
2 cups orange juice, chilled
1 cup unsweetened white grape juice, chilled
1 cup reduced-calorie cranberry juice
1 1-liter bottle diet lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
2 cups assorted fresh fruit (such as oranges, cut into wedges; thinly sliced and halved lemons and/or limes; pineapple wedges; seedless red or green grapes; sliced, peeled and pitted peaches; and halved strawberries)
Fresh mint sprigs
1. In a large bowl or pitcher, stir together chilled orange juice, white grape juice, and cranberry juice.
2. Add the lemon-lime beverage; stir gently. Fill each of 10 glasses about two-thirds full with ice. Divide fruit among glasses. Pour juice mixture into glasses. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 12-ounce can diet lemon-lime carbonated beverage
1. In a blender, combine strawberries, raspberries, and apple juice concentrate. Cover and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve; discard pulp.
2. Pour strained mixture into a small pitcher; slowly stir in carbonated beverage. Serve over ice cubes in chilled glasses.
Makes 4 servings.
1 envelope Knox gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup boiling water
2/3 cup sugar
8 oz. cool whip
16 oz. sour cream
little bit of vanilla
1. Dissolve the gelatin in the cold water.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed above, stirring throughout.
3. Pour into a 9x9 baking dish.
4. Place in the refrigerator to set.
5. Top with your favorite berries. Mine is done in blueberries and strawberries special for the Fourth (just like mom does!)
Note: If you need a larger quantity, the recipe can be doubled and poured into a 9x13 baking dish like the picture above.