Hoop Art Swap

I recently participated in the Hoop Art Swap hosted by the lovely Heather at Blessed Little Nest. I was given Cherish from Kiwi Freckles as the person I would be creating a hoop for and couldn't wait to get to work!


My plan was to recreate the header image from Cherish's blog, and I was able to pull it off (somewhat). I downloaded the header from her blog, and then used Picnik to resize it. I then ironed a Kona cotton I had found in the same color as her header onto Heat and Bond and traced the background image onto it. I had planned to iron the image on, and then embroider "Kiwi Freckles" over it, exactly as her header shows. When I cut the image out though, I just felt like too much of the detail was lost. So, onto Plan B. I noticed that each of the labels on Cherish's blog had chevron stripes, so I used the same Kona cotton and began sewing chevron stripes for the top and bottom of the hoop. In the middle I embroidered "Kiwi Freckles" as I originally planned, and here's the finished product!
I'm really happy with how it turned out and hope Cherish loves it too!

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!


Photobucket