Fashionably Patriotic

Happy July!
~
We're busy getting ready for the holiday weekend, starting with a little fashion for the Fourth!
~
I've been looking for a (free) pillowcase dress pattern for a while now without a whole lot of luck. Most of the patterns I found were just too simple and basic, and I wanted something a little bit nicer. Finally this week though I found this pattern on the blog Just Add Glitter.
~
I like this pattern for a couple of reasons...the first being that it uses a second fabric around the bottom for a little extra detail, and the second being that it actually includes finishing all of the edges of the dress. So many patterns that I've found have raw edges, and even though they are on the inside, I still think they should be finished properly.
~
So, without further ado...here is my little patriotic 4th of July model!
Aren't polka dots just the best?!?
~
Claire recently discovered candy, and I just today discovered that candy works as a fabulous bribe to get a crabby-not-wanting-to-be-wearing-the-dress-at-this-particular-moment-girl to pose for a picture!