My Workspace: Floating Table

My husband and I moved into our house about a year ago. I mentioned earlier how fortunate I feel to have my very own workspace in our house, now I'd like to tell you the best part about my workspace.
~
When we started arranging the furniture in my workspace, I envisioned my table being smashed up against a wall. After all, isn't that what we do with our furniture, we push it all back against a wall? My brilliant husband (remember, he's the one who found the snazzy desk accessories at Pottery Barn?!?) suggested that I leave my table in the middle of the room. Gee, I thought I was a pretty decorating-savvy person, but I would have never thought of that! It was genius! We then took a rug that we had purchased originally intended to use the our nursery and put it under the table. It didn't work how we had hoped in the nursery, but I loved it too much to return it! It works great under my table though and helps make the table look as though it's actually supposed to be right there in the middle of the room!
~
If you're anything like me, you do a lot of standing and hovering while working on your craft. I have a chair by my table, but it rarely gets sat in. I do too much moving around to sit! So having my table smack in the middle of the room allows me to orbit and work from any side I want, it's perfect!
~
Take note...the picture at the top of this post shows my table looking all clean, that's not real. The picture below is what my table currently, and just about always looks like. Thank goodness I can just close the door when I'm done and I don't even have to look at the mess!