Help, I'm Scrapbooking!

My church is holding a Ladies Craft Day this Saturday. From 9 am to 9 pm, we can go and have the whole day to work on our craft, whatever that may be. Or, should we choose to not even craft but instead just sit around and chit-chat, that's our prerogative! It's our day out of the house to do whatever we want, free of interruptions and pressure to get housework done. We also get to have a potluck lunch and pizza for dinner. There was a whole list of women signed up including one of my girlfriends from church. I'm so excited! It will be fun to hang out with all those women, but it will also be a lot of fun to see what everyone is working on, and maybe even get some great ideas!
~
The thought of starting a scrapbook of my daughter has been over my head for a long time now, actually, ever since she was born 15 months ago. I think this Saturday is when I'm going to jump start this project. I haven't done a scrapbook in years and feel incredibly out of the loop. It's not all just about blank card stock, die cuts and stickers anymore. I headed over to the scrapbook store and immediately felt overwhelmed! There's almost too much out there, how does anyone decide what to buy?!? Clearly, I couldn't decide, so I just started grabbing things. In the end, I walked out of the store having spent a ridiculous amount of money, and still no majorly clear direction of where I'm going with this book! I must say though, I love picking out all the girly papers. Don't get me wrong, should we choose to have more children and a boy is in the mix, I'm sure I will fall in love with all the little boy things out there, but for now, I am loving all this pink!
~
I did decide though to start small. I'm going to start with a book solely of the professional pictures that I've had done of my daughter. I've got pictures from 2,4,6,9 and 12 months so far. This will hopefully help familiarize me with what's out there before I jump in to a full scrapbook of her life. (Not to mention, the thought of sifting through the thousands of pictures I've already taken in the first 15 months of her life is just paralyzing!)
~
Once I got home, I tried laying everything out to see if what I bought was salvageable. So here's what I've got. Say a prayer for me that this big mess of paper will turn into something beautiful!