Zachary's Nursery

Okay, so this post is only about 10 weeks late.
I figured the rate at which I get things done would go down with two kids,
but this is a bit ridiculous!
~
When we found out we were expecting a baby boy, I was worried thinking of how I would decorate a boy's nursery. I knew I didn't want a typical baby blue nursery, and I also just didn't believe there would be great "boy" options out there. In the end though, I so enjoyed pulling this room together and am so happy with how it turned out.
~
Here's a peek!we built our house when I was pregnant with Claire, and since we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, we went very gender-neutral with the room. This time around, knowing that we were having a boy, I knew I wanted to make the room all-boy.
~
I tried several grays on the walls, and just couldn't be completely comfortable with any one. I normally pride myself in my paint-selecting skills, but grays are hard!
so we had the walls painted a very neutral color instead that's found in several other rooms in our house.and because I'm a little obsessed with chevron stripes, I found and used this fabric on Etsy to make a skirt for the crib.I love this fabric so much, there's a good chance once we're done using it as a crib skirt, I'll be taking it apart and seeing what else I can make with it!I then took our existing nursery dresser and side table, and had the very talented Dann of Rebel.Reclaimed paint them a dark gray. (Don't ask me the name of the paint color, he doesn't share!) The metal bucket was a $5 pick up at the Allegan Antiques Market last summer. The rocking chair is an antique that we had reupholstered in a red canvas-like fabric. Just look at the distressing he does...the furniture turned out so great!oak changing table : made by my dad
baskets : Pottery Barn
oversized diaper pin : Pottery Barn Kids
I struggled through several different combinations of different pieces of art for the nursery. One day, this combination of two unframed prints that I had plus two pieces of scrapbook paper just came together and clicked!upper left : scrapbook paper, frame from JoAnns
upper right : scrapbook paper, frame from Hobby Lobby
lower left : print from Lucius Art, frame from Hobby Lobby
lower right : print from Creative Thursday, custom metal frameon Zachary's rocking chair is a sweet little bird pillow by K Studio and a whale pillow by Rebel.Reclaimedon his dresser is a framed picture of Zachary in the hospital (frame from Hobby Lobby) and a glass jar from Target filled with blocks by Sincerely Abi.
~
So there are all the details, now here's a few full-room shots...the room turned out even better than I could have imagined. I love that it's simple, clean and most of all that it's a sweet little boy room.


linking up with:

Skip To My Lou




<span class=