Big Girl Bedroom

We've been working on pulling together Claire's "big girl" bedroom. Her furniture was ordered weeks ago and was delivered this past week. And while the furniture for the room was relatively easy to pick out, I had a terrible time trying to find cute little-girl bedding. I'm not into theme rooms, and some of the girl's stuff out there is just loud and obnoxious-looking. All I really wanted was soft pink, simple bedding.
~
I started with this Pink Zinnia quilt and sham from Land of NodIt looked soft pink online, but when it arrived, it was much more of a yucky bubble-gum pink.
~
Next I ordered this Organic Floral Matelasse Coverlet from Pottery Barn Kids.This would have worked out except that the coverlet and sham arrived and were two different shades of pink. Without knowing which one was the correct pink, I just sent them both back.
~
That's when I gave up on the soft pink and turned to Etsy. I fell in love with this quilt from Golden Gate Quilts and contacted Michelle, the shop owner right away and got to work negotiating a deal on the quilt. The quilt is made using 16 fabrics from the Ginger Blossom line by Heather Bailey and is full of beautiful pinks, blues and greens (a far cry from the soft pink I was originally after!)Michelle was awesome to work with, and when the quilt arrived,
I loved it even more in person.
This rocking chair was in Claire's nursery and we didn't intend for it to go in her big girl room, but she still occasionally wants her daddy to rock with her at night, and he wasn't ready to give that up just yet (can you blame him?!?) A few throw pillows that coordinate with the quilt help the rocking chair tie in just fine.Claire has slept a handful of nights in her big girl bed now and so far so good (minus the up-and-ready-to-go-at-5 am-thing, we're working on that!)
~
Now on to some art and accessories and this big girl room is set!